Things I Know About Love



First post in 2019. I'm thrilled!

Call me a hopeless romantic, I'd call myself a hopeful romantic instead.
For your reference;
"Unlike a hopeless romantic, hopeful romantics blend an optimistic romantic outlook on love with realistic expectations," she says. "Hopeful romantics believe love is a beautiful, amazing experience that will come to them in time.” (bustle.com)

Opening thought

The most difficult thing about writing is your mind will start wandering around, lingering from one theme to another theme, making another flow to write.
That's why I love writing.

Questions

Sometimes I question myself, more-less often.
Is it okay to love someone more than they do- is it okay to love too much?

But how much is exactly too much?

I believe there is no such thing to that extent. You don’t think you love someone too much when you are in a healthy state of a relationship. When your giving and receiving is equal, you won’t be questioning everything. And to that point, you feel secure with how you feel.

Is it possible to love someone but hate what they did? Every time I was reminded and feel betrayed, feel unfair, feel unloved.. then regardless of what has happened, I remember how God forgives.



No couple in this world set perfectly. There are still levels of differences, tolerance, acceptance.
But most of the time, love covers it all.

People said to keep your heart stay like that, to not rush.
Especially for girls,
Don't fall too hard, don't love too much.. You'll end up disappointed.
I often hear of these phrases

Question 2

But how exactly is it to control your feeling?
Is it possible to control how far or how much to give your feeling to someone? Even to the one you think is "the one"?



When you meet the right one, they will give you room to see more of yourself, for you to see deeper in you. They let you grow towards the better version of you. You will be enemies with insecurity because love secures you.
They love you selflessly.

The Bible says;
Love is patient, Love is kind. It doesn't envy, it doesn't boast, it is not proud. It doesn't dishonor others, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

Love is security, It provides security. Love is assurance.

Question 3

How do you measure love?

I realized people love differently.
In different pace, in a different time, in different ways, in different expressions, in different forms, in different depths, in different styles.
In different levels.
One “expresses” love more than the other, and that is okay, they probably need more time to adjust, and the progress is beautiful.
I always believe to give the best feeling of yourself, I'd advise myself-and you to let your feeling flow. Love utmostly while you can, make sure your feeling won't be left questioned about how you feel towards them.
Give them the certainty about how you feel.



Love earnestly, I'd say.

When you get into a relationship, when you choose to love the other half, make sure you're ready for the worst scenario.
How dare we expect the best while we're not ready for the worst?
we wouldn't have experienced the best without ever passing the worst.

Love teaches me most about forgiveness.
About letting go, about starting new again, about closing the closed doors, about looking forward, about acceptance, about understanding, about seeing myself, about sincerity.

Question 4

How far are you willing to go for love?

Heartbreaks prepare us for the best to come, showing us on how we'd like to pour out love to the "worth one".



It's most difficult when you're in a position to know both sides of the stories.
People said they loved harder back then, and that you love harder now instead.
Can you choose not to?

Sometimes when we feel unloved, we need to reflect on ourselves, do we love ourselves enough? do we have enough moment of solitude? We can't do that in the crowds.
Fill your soul with His love, let His love showers you fully, endlessly. That's how you can gracefully give your part to love others without reducing your "love stock"

It's only by His grace
we've come this far
And it's only by His love,
we'd have loved this much

Last statement

Dedicated to one of the best people in my life. One who let me love freely, expressively, for letting me love with my own ways.
If you like- or not this writing, I just want you to know that you are the inspiration for it.

It's just months but so many ups and downs passed already.
From endless questions to many answers, from awkward silences to comfort idle.

The one who let me enjoy the bittersweet progress of acceptance, forgiveness, and understanding. Letting me see the deepest part of my heart, for how far, how big my heart can go?

People advised to love less than he does, If he does 70%, then I should go 60% of my feelings.
But how? in fact, we can't control that.
I believe no matter how hard a person is, one can't control their innermost feeling.
Because if so, one does not love.

Love is putting the effort to get involved in what he likes.
Indie or soul never crossed my mind, but now it's all over my Spotify discover playlist.
You guessed right, I pressed so many "next" buttons to that, my ears don't, but my heart wants to listen.

Badminton and swimming are out of my league, but I enjoy sitting from distance, opening my notes and describing of how talented, how amazing he is in doing things he is fond of.

I like the crowds, long walks, deep talks, hours of chats over coffee, and lots of exploration, I hate gadgets on the table, but on the other hand, he likes what is contrary,
and out of love, I learn to enjoy both sides. and now I just do.

The best love is unexpected, love is different in meanings, in situations, there are many, many ways to explain what love is. and all is right.


… and I’m glad I did, long before we met.


So how do you see love? Share some thoughts. 💖

Comments

Popular Posts